GitHub: PR dependencies
Adds a build status to pull requests warning not to merge until the dependencies have been met.
To add a dependency, simply add a comment with the content:
Depends: #123 or
Requires: #123 (whichever you prefer) as the very first statement.
This works as-is, but there's plenty that could be done to enhance it, so if you need any of the below features (or something else!) hit me up on Twitter: @Benjie.
- Prevent a PR depending on itself
- Add a setting to only allow contributors to set dependencies
- Allow setting dependencies via the issue description (i.e. not just via comments)
- Allow setting multiple dependencies in the same comment
- Allow removing dependencies previously added (syntax?
Doesn't require: #123?
- Consider changing the target branch whilst the dependency is unmerged to simplify the diff